Why is PP plastics for food packing?
Today, several polymer types are currently used for foodstuff packaging. Plastics have emerged as the most preferred choice of packaging materials for various products- from food, beverages, chemicals, electronic items, and so on. They offer unique advantages over conventional materials
- Safety: Plastics are safer materials for packaging food products especially polyolefins which do not react with food. Pilferage and contamination are difficult.
- Shelf Life: Plastics packaging material offer better shelf life
- Cost: Plastics are the most cost-effective medium of packaging when compared with any other material, the cost of transportation is reduced considerably on account of lower weight and less damage
- Convenience: Plastics can be converted in any form with various processing techniques, thus can pack any type of substance like liquids, powders, flakes, granules, solids.
- Waste: Packaging in plastics reduces the wastage of various food products, typical an example is potatoes or onions packed in leno.
- Aesthetics: A right choice of plastics packaging increases the aesthetic value of products and helps in brand identity
- Handling and Storage: Products packed in plastics are easiest to handle and store as well as transport.
The properties of PP film
Polymeric films have the most application in industry and are used in many packaging applications especially greenhouse and agricultural. In agricultural products that are the important subject in packaging, there are specific products that include cereal, spices, edible oils, drinking water, chocolate and confectionery, fruits and vegetables, marine products, and many more. So, there are various food items that are effectively and economically packed in various types of plastic packaging materials.
- Neutral organoleptic properties (clear, transparent, odorless, tasteless, etc.)
- Water vapor tightness to prevent desiccation.
- Good barrier against microbial invasion to reduce spoilage and decay.
- Predetermined permeability to water vapor, O2, and CO2 to have complete control over the water and gas exchanges between the product and surrounding atmosphere.
- Good mechanical characteristics (like tensile and yield strength, Spencer impact elongation, etc.) to impart abuse resistance.
- Enhance the surface appearance (e.g. brilliance) and tactile characteristics (e.g. reduced stickiness) of foods
Other interesting page: The benefits of aluminum film in packaging production
Types of PP packaging that are popular with customers today on the market
A supplier of prestigious and quality plastic films
Union Packaging with many years of experience in the field of providing plastic films and plastic packaging is manufactured from virgin plastic particles and meets FDA standards. Customers can rest assured when cooperating with us because Union Packaging always ensures:
- Customer satisfaction is the number 1 priority
- Outstanding product quality from stable sources of quality goods from Taiwan and China
- Competitive price
- Reputation builds a brand
- Product safety certification
- Fast shipping
- Various payment policies
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, and creative staff
- Providing a wide range of plastic films for packaging materials
- Being a close partner of many suppliers
Union Packaging is a reputable and experienced supplier of OPP, CPP, MCPP, PET, MPET, PE laminated film…. in the industry. We always try to research, develop and improve product quality, improve customer care ability to meet the increasing demands of the domestic and foreign packaging market. Please contact us now: 0987 437 469 – 0903 750 384 for specific advice and quotation.
UNION PACKAGING SOLUTION JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Address: No. 5, 3643A Street, Pham The Hien, Ward 7, District 8, HCMC
Tel: 0987 437 469 – 0903 750 384